EC published Guidelines for implementing the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans
As part of the Economic and Plan for the Western Balkans adopted on 6 October 2020, the European Commission presented guidelines for implementing the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans, which include ten investment flagships, among others renewable energy, the transition from coal, renovation wave and waste and wastewater management. Digitalization will be the key enabler to achieve these ambitious goals.
The Guidelines for implementing the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans envisages actions around five pillars, covered by the European Green Deal:
- climate action, including decarbonisation, energy, and mobility
- circular economy, addressing in particular waste, recycling, sustainable production, and efficient use of resources
- biodiversity, aiming to protect and restore the natural wealth of the region
- fighting air, water, and soil pollution and
- sustainable food systems and rural areas
The Economic and Investment Plan for the Western Balkans is available here.
Guidelines for the Implementation of the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans can be downloaded from here.